The EOS FORMIGA P 110 has just won the Laser Sintering category in the Printer Guide 2018 survey by 3D Hubs.
The guide was based on 10,154 reviews with 1,482,614 jobs/prints considered.
The review considers users feedback on print quality, build quality, reliability, ease of use, print failure rate, customer service, community, running cost, software and value.
Here’s a few of the statements published by 3DHubs regarding the FORMIGA P 110:
- “Since the 90´s, EOS has become one of the most popular manufacturers of SLS 3D printers in the world.”
- “The P 110 allows for more cost-effective low volume printing, whilst keeping the quality standards top notch, using the well optimised Laser sintering process by EOS.”
- “Owners of the machine have rated the printer highly for print quality, reliability and running costs, which seems to be exactly what the machine promises to deliver.”
- “The P 110 is well suited for medium sized prototype builds and parts with highly complex geometries.”
- “This industrial SLS printer is top of its class as the highest rated machine.”
From the 3D Hubs Review
EOS Formiga P 110
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) uses a laser to fuse layers of powdered material together into finished objects. While desktop versions have already appeared on the market and the technology is expected to move further into the mainstream, the Formiga P 110 wins the SLS category for the 2018 3D Printer Guide.
The Formiga P 110 is a compact-class, plastic industrial SLS 3D printer produced by German manufacturer EOS. EOS previously built SLA printers but moved to SLS technology in the early ‘90s. Since then, they have become one of the most popular manufacturers of SLS 3D printers in the world. The Formiga P 110 is marketed for businesses entering the professional printing market with competitive pricing of $250,000 compared to the other EOS SLS machines.
Featuring a total build size of 200×250×330mm, the P 110 allows for more cost-effective low volume printing whilst keeping the quality standards top notch using the well optimised Laser sintering process by EOS. The most common polyamide (PA) materials are also chosen for their recyclability. As a result the running costs are reduced even further while still producing high quality functional prototypes and components.
Owners of the machine have rated the printer highly for print quality, reliability and running costs which seems to be exactly what the machine promises to deliver. Conversely, the P 110 is a little difficult to use, and is costly to repair. It’s important to also note that PA materials are limited in color; if you’re interested in full color prototyping, this industrial machine will not be suitable for you. However, the P 110 is well suited for medium sized prototype builds and parts with highly complex geometries.
The EOS P 110 is rated highly in its class and has many applications for experts and professionals in the aerospace, automotive and industrial fields. With the access to the most common polyamide (PA) materials this industrial SLS printer is top of its class as the highest rated machine.